Security and Privacy
Our Security and Privacy Policies
Privacy is of great concern to most users of the Internet, and is a critical part of an enjoyable and satisfactory user experience. We are acutely aware of and sensitive to the privacy concerns of our subscribers. We consider the protection of all personally identifiable information we receive from our subscribers as critical to our corporate mission. Please be assured that we have security measures in place to protect against access and misuse of any private information we receive from you.
We take your privacy seriously and we make the commitment to safeguarding it. We want to earn your trust, so we have taken every measure reasonably possible to protect and ensure the privacy of your information.
Here are some specific measures taken to ensure the protection and privacy of your information:
Information We Collect
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with the Evatel Office Extension mobile application. For example, we collect:
- Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating system. It also includes IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as application data caches.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions and support. Error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error and contents of files you were using when an error occurred.
How We Use Personal Data
Make our service available. We use your Registration and Account information to:
- Register you for the App and create your User Account and profile for Evatel.
- Provide customer service, give you information about your account, and respond to your requests
- Improve the Service, and make it a safer, efficient, and customized experience
- Display the name of the contact as it appears in your address book when a call is received on the Service
- Import your contacts from the Evatel web portal
- Access your contacts on this device to add them on your Evatel Web portal.
Improve our Services. We may look into a specific call log or error report in response to a customer support request.
We want you to know that we do not sell your personal information. We only share your personal information with our Evatel support people, for the purposes listed above. Unless otherwise specified, we retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for us to achieve the purposes referred to above or to enable us to comply with our legal data protection retention obligations.
Any password or PIN received from you is instantly encrypted prior to any transmission over the Internet. We use industry-standard encryption methods.
In order to minimize the risk involved in sending personal information over the Internet, we encrypt all information that you submit using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Sensitive information such as passwords and PINs are accessed only by computer programs and only while in memory during a session. Passwords and PINs cannot be accessed by people.
As part of our strong commitment to protecting your information, we have taken the necessary steps to implement the SSL Certificate.
This means that any time you are required to transfer or access personal information using the Web Portal or the Voice Services, you can be confident that the appropriate controls are in place to protect your personal information, privacy, and the integrity of your communications.